Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Scattergun reading

I blame the new Kindle, but last night I engaged in a bit of scattergun reading. I managed a couple of chapters of the excellent book I was already reading, Prague Fatale by Philip Kerr. I topped that off with a short story from Patti Abbott's collection, Monkey Justice, the first fifty pages or so of Gerard Brennan's, The Point, the opening section to A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle, and the opening chapter of Tollesbury Time Forever by Stuart Aylis. It was like drowning in a sweet jar of tasty words. I'm going to try and get myself a bit more ordered tonight, though it's going to be a toughy to work out the order I'm going to chew my way through those. I also need to write a couple of reviews. Expect one of Or the Bull Kills You by Jason Webster tomorow.

No comments: